WHY NOT WATCH THIS NICE VIDEO?



Friday 11 November 2011

Curiouser and Curiouser and Curiouser


I was passing through Formby the other day so I popped into Waitrose. We aren't privileged to have one in Wirral so I went in to check out the beer range. I was pleased to find Fuller's Vintage Ale 2011 gracing the shelves so I grabbed a couple. I've already drunk one. Slightly sweet as expected but already a high class ale.

Something else that caught my eye was a range of beers under the 'Curious' name. There was 'IPA' and 'Brew' which is an unpasteurised lager brewed with a champagne yeast. I chose a bottle of Porter because it is bottle conditioned. All are on offer in Waitrose at £1.20 each! A bit of research found the beers to be a collaboration between Chapel Down Winery and the Sussex Brewery. Interesting.

2 comments:

  1. That Waitrose used to be in Southport, but it was too upmarket for us and moved to posher Formby. It never had interesting beer in when it was in Southport.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Formby branch even had 75cl bottles of Deus Brut des Flandres. You don't get that in Bargain Booze.

    ReplyDelete